We've been creating and sending helpful After Surgery Gifts, Cancer Gifts & Get Well Care Package Gifts since 2006
Creating a ring of support around a friend is a great way to help provide practical help when they need it most. Below is a list of ideas for how you can help a friend. We hope this gives you a place to start.
• Offer transportation to and from medical appointments. If visits are long, such as for chemotherapy, be a “chemo buddy” and sit with your friend. Bring along music, games and books to help lighten the mood. Or, just be there to talk or hold a hand.
• Bring meals or snacks to your friend. Be sure to ask about any special dietary requirements or changes.
• Go grocery shopping
• Offer to clean house once or twice a month
• Do dishes every week on a schedule
• Babysit or help shuttle children to before and after-school activities
• Pet sit, or take pets outside for walks
• Pray for or with your friend
• Take out the garbage
• Pick up mail or deliver mail to the post office
• Do yardwork once or twice a month, or weekly if able
• Offer to run errands for a patient or caregiver
• If needed, organize a fundraiser to help cover medical or living expenses. Check with your local bank for assistance and regulations.
• If needed, help your friend organize and pay bills on a schedule
• Water houseplants
• Rent interesting books on tape or movies. Offer to watch or listen with your friend if he/she is up to it.
• Read the paper or books to your friend
• Help set up an email list or care page for keeping family and friends updated
• Make your visits fairly short and routine. Just sit with your friend if he or she is not up to talking.
• For friends in a nursing home, bring a guest book that visitors can sign. Your friend can refer to the guest book often to read well wishes and remember who has made a visit.
• Share photo albums, especially appreciated by older friends. Rotate them every week or two.
If your looking for the best care packages to send, our thoughtful and unique gifts will comfort someone when they are sick, help make surgery, recovery faster, ease a cancer patients chemo nausea, and make life just a little easier. Home
, After Surgery Care Packages
, Get Well Care Packages
, Breast Cancer Care Packages
, After Surgery Gifts Gifts
, Seattle Gift Baskets
, Shipping Info